Shortcut malfunction

Hello,
I have a little problem. The shortcut (alt+arrow up and down) used to nudge a part backward or forward occasionnaly doesn’t work.
When i open animate pro it works but a little after it stopped functioning. I have try to correct this malfunction with the “reset all” command without succes. So when i want to send back a child layer i need to open the layer properties editor and change the value in the z axis field. Otherwise i should stop and reopen animate but the shortcut going to work for only one or two times once again.
What do i do.
Best regards

What I find causes confusion is when selecting the correct buttons and parts I don’t realize I have not made sure that the Camera View window has the red outline showing it is activated when I finally perform the shortcut sequence. Also, I don’t think a single stroke equates to nearly the amount of distance that I expect. It takes several strokes to clear an object.

Here is a good relevant post by Lilly of Toon Boom:

"There’s a few different ways of seeing what you’re nudging. The way that I like the best is I open a Top view somewhere to the right so that I can look at both the Camera view and the Top view at the same time. Then I zoom in reeeally close on the Top view, and I can see individual nudge increments as they’re going.

Another way that you can see whether you’ve nudged something is to turn on your “Coordinate” toolbar. When you nudge anything with the transform tool, you will see the value change in the coordinate toolbar.

If you double-click on an element, this opens up its layer properties. You can only edit the values in this dialog if you have a constant value. If you have already added some keyframes to your z-value, then it will attach a function to it, and you can no longer edit from this dialog. You can click on the function button to the right to bring up the function editor and edit the values from there.

If you want to set something back to a constant value (deleting your keyframes) you can always do this by clicking on the little down-triangle next to the function button in the Layer Properties. Then select “Local”. This will remove the function attached to it and set it back to an editable, constant value.

Hope this helps! I think the easiest way is the top view, but that’s just my opinion!

As a side note, if you’re having trouble nudging things in Z, just remember that you need to have the focus (the red outline) around the camera view when you use the transform tool. If you have the focus around your timeline, it will not nudge your object. You can get the focus around your camera view manually by clicking once in the view (I usually hold down spacebar and click so that I do a pan instead of accidentally using the tool I currently have selected). Or if you want to you can turn on the preference “Focus on Mouse Enter” which will put the focus wherever the mouse is hovering over. This should be in the General tab of your Preferences window.

~Lilly"

https://forums.toonboom.com/toon-boom-animate-family/general-discussion/zaxis-nudging-feedback#comment-26186

Very complete and percise informations.
Thank you very much