Shapes problem when exported to SWF

Output from TBS to SWF has modified shapes on line work created in TBS

This is the problem:

Im working with the polyline and looks right in TB.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6758/manotoonboom.png

BUT

When I export to SWF, and try to open with Flash. The curves in the line work looks changed.

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/6716/manoswf.png

Please, help. I tried everything and it is still happening.
I hope you could help me. Thanks

Best, Lohengrin.

Hi,

Did you try using the TBSi? Otherwise what you could be doing is to select the whole content of your drawing and use the Convert Line to Brush. Then export again and it should be good to go.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo! Thanks for your reply.
I tried using the TBI, but it is still happening. If I convert the line to brush, the shape don´t change in Flash, but the problem is the line looks “dirty” and handdraw, but I want a line more smooth and soft.

What could I do? Thanks for your support, im working hard and I need any solution.

Hi,

For the line this may happen as Flash don’t handle the linework the same way we do. Are you getting the same thing when you do a straight export to swf? Also, have you tried your project with a higher version of Toon Boom Studio (the trial of 5.0 for example (make sure to make a copy of your project as a backup in case you want to try that)).

As for the Brush, is the line affected in Toon Boom Studio or only in Flash?

Regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo, thanks for your time and help.

Are you getting the same thing when you do a straight export to swf?

Yes, If I export directly a SWF movie, the line works looks the same problem.

I used the trial version (TBS 5) and now looks a bit better, but still is having the same problem in some of the lines (mostly in curves). I tried tou use the TBS Importer, and the convert line to brush, but is not getting better.

As for the Brush, is the line affected in Toon Boom Studio or only in Flash?
The line is affected in TBS (it looks very handdraw) and when I import to Flash, it is getting the same problem.

Hope you could help me. Thanks for all.

Hi,

Would it be possible to provide us one of the project that has the issue in so we could give it to RnD for us to see what can be done about it.

Best regards,

Ugo

Ok, thank you so much. Where could I send the file? I sent it to your own email.

Thanks again, I hope we can sort out this problem.

Best,
Lohen.

Hi,

You can send the file to techsupport@toonboom.com. If the file is too big we will provide you an ftp link to upload it through e-mail.

Regards,

Ugo

Problem resolved! Thank you so much for your help. Here is the solution to the problem with the sapes, maybe it could help someone too.

Toon boom Techsupport:
"the main issue here is that the character was designed too small and Flash does not understand the concept of Z depth. They automatically take the size of line that was used in TBS to define the thickness that will be imported. This mean that if you had your camera closer to the character inside of TBS and the line was thicker even though it was a Maximum size of 3, Flash will import the same artwork and set the value of the line to 3 automatically, which will greatly affect the line thickness depending on how close your camera was set.
For this reason I would strongly recommend to use the brush tool as much as possible when creating your artwork if you plan on going to Flash as the brush don’t use line thickness, it simply generate paint zones which can’t be affected by the way Flash decode the file. I’m tempted to say that this is purely a Flash issue as the swf file does look OK when checked inside of Flash Player, although I will see what we can do from our side."

Thank you so much for your time. It really helped me.