Shaky zooms that should be steady

Hi,
I know this has been covered before, but I can’t find it anywhere.
Sometimes, when I’m “zooming in” by increasing the size of an object over time, it will not do a slow push, but rather will shift in some random direction before reaching the end point I entered.
How can I fix this?
Thanx,
Justin :slight_smile:

How do I set the tension to zero?

I’ve done that. My T is set to 0. It didn’t help.
2 other things that are frustrating me today.
First, I’ve asked in the past if there’s a way to find objects you “lose” in the drawing view and you said there isn’t. Has that been remedied? It makes things SOOO difficult.
2nd, when I’m dealing with changing huge sizes (Like opening on the earth and zooming into a city), my manipulation handles go away. How do I avoid that?
Thanx,
Justin :slight_smile:

This is probably because it’s a 3D path. You can put the Tension on your keyframes down to 0, or you can use a Separate path.

Easiest way to see what’s going on is to select the peg or drawing that’s giving you trouble and do a View > Show > Control to see what the path is doing. If there’s a curve in the path, you can set the tension to 0, or you can put a control point and drag it right next to the keyframe to straighten out your path.

~Lilly

You can just select the control point or keyframe, then in your Control Point toolbar you can set the T value to 0.

~Lilly

The only thing that I can recommend about losing things in the drawing view is to turn on your grid, because usually that gives you a clue, like, oh, I’m really far zoomed in, or I’m really far zoomed out. Or you can do a Reset View.

About losing manipulation handles, do you lose them when the object is really big or really small? I’ve heard of people having trouble when the object is really small. One thing I’ll just mention though is sometimes people make it so small that it’s a fraction of a pixel big when you look at it in the Render View, so it really doesn’t make that much of a difference whether it’s that small or smaller than that, you might as well just remove the exposure at that point.

If you’re having trouble grabbing the handles when it’s really big, then I’ll have to take a look at that one.

~Lilly