selection tool problem

Alriight , I guess there’s something I’m not doing right …

When I draw a shape , lets say a CIRCLE , and I select it with the SELECT TOOL and try to move it , it wont move at all , it will draw the green square/rectangle that show when you’re trying to select something…
In some other words , I just cant move anything … is there anything I’m missing ?

I’m using animate 1 , I tried on the animate pro PLE , same thing …

After you make your selection, you must place your cursor over the drawn line. When you hover over the line, you will see the cursor change to a four-arrow cursor. Now if you click you should be able to move it.

Does this work for you?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Nah… Here is a video of what happens…

http://djimon.free.fr/toonboom/select.avi

In the begining I could move it for a second and then I couldnt anymore… But usually , I just cant move anything.
And what is funny is , sometime if I draw something else and try to move it , it will move the first thing I draw … lets say for instance I draw a square and then a circle , if I try to move the circle it will move the square…

Oh and I have the problem on both Animate 2 PLE and Animate Pro PLE …

>:( ??? :frowning: :o :’(

This may be related to your video card. Could you give me some information on your computer? What operating system are you running? What video card do you have installed? Do you have the latest video drivers updated for your video card?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

In the Animate 2 PLE, can you try the following as well: Go to Edit > Preferences > OpenGL tab. Uncheck the “Use PBuffer for picking” option. Now are you able to move your selection?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I just tired and it doesnt solve the problem …

My computer is a P4 3.4Ghz , 3Gb RAM , graphic card is an ATI Radeon 9600…

Oh and I dont have the problem on TB Studio or on Animate 1.
it’s only on Animate 2 PLE and Pro 2 PLE …

I use to have a similar problem, and I figured out that the only way to move stuff was to click on the frame once then move the object. I thought it was just the way Animate worked. My situation was a little different cause I had generic (it sucked) graphics card. You have a pretty good one, atleast it meets the requirements set forth by TB.

Since I upgraded my graphics card I forgot I even had that problem. I did have a similar problem later on after upgrading my drivers, so I just rolled back and have been fine since.

I don’t have a solution but maybe sharing my experience
can point u in the right direction. I saw the clip and I know it must extremely frustrating. However, Lillys on it so it is just a matter of time.

Speaking ofLilly, what does the Bp buffer for picking thing do or handle?

What operating system are you running? Did you recently upgrade to 10.6.3? Did you update your graphics card drivers when up upgraded?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I use XP SP3 … and yes I think I upgraded my graphic cards drivers a couple of days ago …

We are having a hard time reproducing your problem on our end. Generally usually I would say that this kind of a problem is related to the video card, but if your drivers are up to date, and if you have disabled the pbuffer and you still have this problem, then there isn’t a whole lot left to try.

One thing I noticed is that it seems like you’re working with a non-standard theme on your computer. Could you try to disable your windows theme and set it back to none and then restart the software.

Also, try reinstalling the software as a last resort. If this doesn’t solve the problem, then I might have to have you contact support@toonboom.com directly so that they can set up a session to connect to your computer.

Thank you for your patience!

For Alex, the PBuffer is a new way of picking that was implemented since Animate 1. Generally it’s much more stable and better way of going, but we made this an option that you can enable because it won’t always work with everyone’s system. So in case of a conflict, it’s a good idea to try to turn it off and see if it solves the problem.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I will uninstall and re install it , if it doesnt work I will contact the support , thanks

Ok the support hasnt answered the 2 emails I sent …
Anyway I’ve investigated and I think I know what the problem is …

My graphic card support OpenGL 1.1 (it’s upgraded though).
And I wouldnt be surprised if Animate 2 and Animate Pro 2 require OpenGL 1.4 and higher …

I’m having problem with some previzualization software such as Moviestorm and Antics3D because of the version of my OpenGL , so I’ve ordered a new graphic card that support OpenGL 2.0

I’ll see if it works …

It does sound like a graphics card problem.

I am surprised to hear they didn’t respond to the emails you sent - it is possible that they got filtered out as spam. Did you have a subject in the subject line?

Very sorry for any inconvenience.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Ok well they did now … ;D

I just started having the same problem. It was working fine yesterday, but today suddenly I can’t grab or move anything with the drawing select tool. Actually I guess can “grab” it, I can select it with the arrow so that it has the orange highlighs, but I won’t get the four directional arrow when I hover over the object. It just started happening out of nowhere. I’ve unchecked the Pb buffer box under preferences/opengl, I’ve restarted the software and the computer, and nothing works, this is really frustrating. I am running a mac with mavericks, version 10.9.3.

I just started having the same problem. It was working fine yesterday, but today suddenly I can’t grab or move anything with the drawing select tool. Actually I guess can “grab” it, I can select it with the arrow so that it has the orange highlighs, but I won’t get the four directional arrow when I hover over the object. It just started happening out of nowhere. I’ve unchecked the Pb buffer box under preferences/opengl, I’ve restarted the software and the computer, and nothing works, this is really frustrating. I am running a mac with mavericks, version 10.9.3.