Scroll wheel doesn't work to zoom in and out

I use Harmony for work every day and am forced to use the 1 and 2 buttons to zoom in and out which gets the job done but sometimes I really wish I had the option to use the scroll wheel.

One time, I had to make my setup portable so I transferred Harmony to my laptop and for some reason on that laptop, the scroll wheel DID zoom in and out as it should.

It’s not a problem with my mouse, as it scrolls just fine on websites and other drawing programs. So I’m thinking I must have some sort of setting preventing it from working on Harmony that I can’t figure out.

I should also mention that the scroll wheel DOES work on Harmony to use the scroll bars in the timeline, it just doesn’t work for zooming in and out.

Anyone have any ideas?

I’m having this issue as well. It works in Harmony 21 and earlier, but not in Harmony 22. It may or may not be related, but the same issue is also happening for my Cintiq touch wheel. It will zoom in and out on older versions, but not on 22.

Update
Support has been helping me with this issue for the past week and I just received a solution. I’m posting about it here in the hope that it helps anyone else who is having this problem.

If you can’t zoom with your mouse scroll wheel & you are using Windows 10, go to your Windows Settings > Devices > Mouse, and check if you have the ‘Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them’ setting enabled. If it is disabled, enable it and try to zoom with the scroll wheel again in Harmony.

Enabling this setting solved the issue for me. I think it must be a bug, because I’m able to zoom with the scroll wheel in Harmony 21, 20, & 17 even when the ‘Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them’ setting is disabled. I believe something must have changed in Harmony 22 which causes an issue with this setting being disabled.