scenes

Hello. I have a question about scenes. I know how to add new scenes and make them current and all of that. I was wondering if there was a way to combine two or more scenes on one timeline so I can view them all together.

I know that if I Preview Movie I can watch them play out together. But let’s say I was trying to work out a rhythm between the last 30 frames of scene 1 and the first 30 frames of scene 2, a kind of motion continuity thing, it would be easier for me to work it out with scrubbing. Is this possible with Studio 4?

I could alternatively just create the two scenes, which are really more like shots, as one. But dividing them into two separate scenes, for me, removes a lot of chances at making errors and just makes things less complicated all around.

If not, it’s no big deal, I’ll just try and figure out another way of doing it. But if it’s not possible in Studio 4, is it possible in Digital Pro? Thanks.

It seems to me that you wouldn’t need entire scenes combined by rather just the first scene and the beginning of the next scene. That way you could use a single time line for your integration of the two. The way I think I would approach this is to use unique element tracks for each scene as apposed to trying to use common element tracks. Then once you have the two scenes integrated, you attach the tracks of the second scene to a parent peg which you then collapse and use to create a template out of that scene’s tracks. You then can delete that collapsed peg and its attached elements from scene one, switch to scene two and drag the template you created onto its time line and finish your work on scene two. Then when you view the two scenes you have them synced as desired yet separate for your development and work flow purposes. I hope this gives you some ideas on how you might approach this. -JK

That sounds like that’s exactly what I’m trying to do. I’m not too familiar yet with attaching tracks to parent pegs, but I’m going to look into it because this sounds like it will work best for me. Thanks!