Scene Planning window is fragmented

When I try to pan around in my scene planning window, only part of the
window moves - the approx. upper left quarter of the window. The rest of the scene remains stationary. The problem exists for all file sizes - small and large. Thanks in advance for any help you can give :slight_smile:

Steve

What version of TBS are you using?
What operating system and version of that system are you using?
Is this a new install of TBS?
Did TBS ever work correctly on your system and it has just started not working correctly?
Are you a new user for TBS?

Sorry to ask so many questions but we need some clues to get a handle on what to suggest to fix your problem. Thanks -JK

Thanks for responding JK :slight_smile:

I am using version 4.0, build 4.0.9946

My operating system is MS Windows XP, ver. 2002, service pack 2

It is a new install of TBS

TBS works correctly except for this problem

I am a newbie to TBS :slight_smile:

I appreciate your help very much - Thanks!! :slight_smile:

Steve

What version of TBS are you using?
What operating system and version of that system are you using?
Is this a new install of TBS?
Did TBS ever work correctly on your system and it has just started not working correctly?
Are you a new user for TBS?

OK, it might be useful for you to describe exactly what you are doing when you observe this problem. For example: how are you attempting to “pan” in the scene planning panel? What tool do you currently have selected when you are trying to pan? How many elements do you have on your timeline and which element do you have selected when you are trying to pan?

You said that TBS is working correctly otherwise, so for the moment I won’t tell you it sounds like a Preferences>Display>Renderer issue. If you were observing other strange display related things I would tell you to change your render setting from Direct 3D to Open GL or visa versa. That seems to be the generic fix for display issues on new installs.

So, humor me for a while and give us some more details of exactly what you are doing and what you are observing and we will do our best to walk you through solving your issue.

What you are reporting is uncommon and therefore is most likely specific to your set-up or something that you are doing in your attempt to pan the scene planning panel. Everybody is a newbie when they first start anything new. Welcome to the forums. -JK

Hahahaha - I AM a newbie! The change to open GL did work - THANKS!! :slight_smile:

Steve