Scaling

Hello. I am trying to use the scaling tool, but the size of my object
does not change gradually until the last frame. It moves through all
the frames at the same size and then jumps to the smaller size at the last frame. I have the keyframes set and it is a non constant tween, so I don’t know what else to do. Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

DanB.

Hi,

It may be related to the fact your keyframe is a Constant keyframe. Is there a line between both keyframe on your timeline?

If not right click in the first keyframe and change the keyframe to a non-constant keyframe.

Let us know if you still have difficulties afterward.

Regards,

Ugo

Ugo-san,

Thanks for the response. Sorry, I guess my first post was not so clear.
When I wrote I set it for a non-constant tween, I meant I had already set
it as a non-constant keyframe. There is a line connecting the two keyframes, and when my object moves across the screen (it is a ball), it moves as it should (i.e. not jumping from the start to the finish). It shouldn’t only move though, as I see it; because I have also used the scaling tool to make the ball’s size smaller in the end keyframe, it should gradually get smaller as it moves. But it doesn’t. It stays the same size and only suddenly becomes a little ball in the last frame.

Thanks.

Hi,

Did you do the scaling of the ball directly in the drawing or you did it with the Scale tool. Also, make sure that you have selected scale tool before you set to non-constant for you may have non-constant motion with constant scale.

Regards,

Ugo

I have been playing around, and found that if I set the drawing to a peg, then set the non-constant keyframes on the peg with the motion tool, and the non-constant keyframes on the drawing with the scale tool, it works. However, it does not work if I work only with the drawing (i.e. the built in peg). I can set the non-constant keyframes with the motion, but not with the scale, or vice-versa; however I cannot do both. When I do one, it seems to cancel the other out. Do I have to set each drawing within a parent peg if I want to have two non-constant effects between keyframes?? This doesn’t seem right.

Thanks.

DanB.

AAAHH! I got it! I have to click “set non-constant keyframes” not once, but TWICE on the first keyframe: once while the scale tool is selected, and then once again while the motion tool is selected!! I didn’t think I needed to do this. Your last mail gave me the hint. It was a simple solution but I just couldn’t see it.

Thanks very much for your help!!

DanB.