Scaling Effects

I just noticed this by chance, but when I scaled up a character using the Transform tool in Animate 3, the effects I used on her eyes seem to change. Specifically, I used a radial gradient along the edge of her iris that was supposed to blur the edges of her eyes into her iris, a blur on her pupil, and a blur on the highlights on the lower part of her iris (not the specula) (the opacity seemed to increase as the scale was increased as well); they looked fine when scaled down (see Image 1), but as the figure was scaled up, the overall effect of the…well, effects, seemed to diminish (see Image 2 and 3). This seems to happens regardless of the resolution I use (having used Film and HDTV to test). While tweaking the various settings so that it looks well at all zooms isn’t that difficult, I would like to know if there is a way to prevent this from happening at all. I notice these all have to do with the radius of a blur, so perhaps that is something to look into.

(Note that the first and second images have been cropped.)

Effects_Scale1.png

Are those images fully rendered?

Have you tried adjusting the gradient color ratio as you scale the character?

Yes and no; the images are fully rendered, and I haven’t adjusted the gradient at all when scaling.