Scaling drawings and pegs and Maintaining Pivot Locations relative to scale

Hello,

I’ve been browsing through forums, but I can’t quite find an answer to this question: Is there a way to scale drawings of a rigged character, parented to pegs, which already have set pivots? I understand that you can scale drawings, easy, with the selection tool, but the pivots don’t seem to want to scale relative to the drawings or pegs, they stay in their original placement. I’m seriously keeping my fingers crossed this is just a layer properties setting or something (not holding my breath though :slight_smile: ).

Thank you so much in advance for any advice anyone has on this.

EDIT: Had an idea but it turned out to be wrong.

Thanks for trying at the very least :slight_smile:

The only solution I can think of, which simply isn’t optimal in my eyes, is to scale the root peg with the transformation tool and just… make sure it stays that scale when animating and iterating in the future.

Problems I see with this solution is 1) line weights becoming inconsistent between characters (which was sorta something we had already encountered as a problem - resulted in us setting all character scales:1:1, resizing and resetting pivots), 2) Issue with animations in general - let’s say we want to kill all keyframe data on a set amount of frames and we do that in the root. That means the scale gets reset. - this may not be the end of the world, but I’d like to work with a clean rig. Is this maybe too much paranoia? (we iterate alot -_- ).

I guess… we could just learn to keep only character scale data stored in the root, and kill keyframe data only in the children. But I was really hoping for some magic solution (as usual, hah).