SBPro 2 crashing while 'optimizing'

The SBP2 program has been slow for me, with lots of crashes. It was recommended I flatten/optimize the files to make it more stable. I really didn’t want to do this now as I needed the layers to deal with client changes, but I created a backup then optimized… or tried to…several times. It chugs along happily ‘optimizing’ for a couple minutes. When it looks almost done, it says ‘err:std’ or 'err: unable to read file (about a dozen of them) then crashes.This is a ‘new’ project - not imported or generated from a prior version of SB Pro.I’m using a Mac Mini 2.26 Ghz intel core duo 2 with 4 Gigs of ram, 56 G’s free HD, OSX 10.6.5. Grapjics card is the stock NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics processor with 256MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory. I use a pen and touch Bamboo Wacom with the latest updates.I have a printer attached so that one known glitch is not a factor. I have Time Machine turned off because SBP would really drag when the machine backed up. I have SBP set to save every 5 minutes because of the frequent crashing. I have external drives - is it worth storing the files there to make it more stable?I really like a lot of the features and want SB Pro to work. It was nice last week when I sent the client PDFs of the project progress. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated - my deadline is in a week and I have a ways to go…

Are you using textured brushes by any chance? This can make the images a lot heavier.

Also are you using brush strokes or pencil lines? If you’re using pencil lines, then doing a flatten isn’t actually going to reduce your file size a lot - it’s going to help out more with brush strokes.

Now the only thing that I can recommend here is to take it frame by frame instead of doing an optimize on the whole project. Just verify whether a flatten is going to achieve what you want to.

Other than that, if you want more help with optimising your project, then the best thing to do is send an email to support@toonboom.com, because they will then be able to set up an ftp where you can drop your project file so that they can take a look at it and give you better advice.

~Lilly