Saving tool properties

Hi,

I know that you can save stuff like tool presets, workspaces etc.
But is there any way to save tool properties?

Since ages, I’ve been working with polyline set to 0 and also having “snap to contour” always enabled.

Each time I launch Harmony or open another project, I have to manually set these parameters over and over again.

Can I make them stay like that by default?

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/DOm8ive.png

https://i.imgur.com/eo5bAbi.png

That is interesting because everything is remembered from the previous time the Polyline was used except Snap to Contour and Automatically Create Colour Art.

Even the new Trim Extra Lines and Align Handles After Trim are remembered.

These setting are not saved with custom brush presets either.

Okay that’s weird. I’ve been using Harmony since 12 and it’s always been like that. So it’s not specifically a 15 issue.
Any idea how to resolve this?

Good afternoon,

You can save presets and tool presets in your list by clicking on the Save Brush preset button.
By default, if I am correct, Harmony uses the first preset in the list when launching the application.
If you reorder your list of presets in the Tool Properties view to have the one you want at the top of the list, Harmony should be using this one when you launch the application.

I hope this helps!

Marie-Eve

Good afternoon,

You can save presets and tool presets in your list by clicking on the Save Brush preset button.
By default, if I am correct, Harmony uses the first preset in the list when launching the application.
If you reorder your list of presets in the Tool Properties view to have the one you want at the top of the list, Harmony should be using this one when you launch the application.

I hope this helps!

Marie-Eve

Thanks, that’s what I also experienced.

So I guess there’s no other way around it than always setting it manually. That’s a bummer but I’m fine with it.

Thanks!

Regarding the Polyline Tool Properties data, something else is involved which recalls the previous Tool Properties set up after the software is closed and reopened however the Snap to Contour and Automatically Create Colour Art are never remembered and default to off/disabled. I created a custom preset with the Snap to Contour enabled and moved the preset into the top position. After saving, closing and reopening the software Snap to Contour was off/disabled.

The custom brush preset data does not pay attention to anything at the bottom of the Tool Properties window. This can be demonstrated by creating a custom preset and saving it then toggling on and off the tool icons at the bottom of the Tool Properties window. Once you have saved the preset the Save option (“Update Brush Preset”) remains grayed out. Only when you make adjustments to the options that are contained within the Pencil Properties does the Save button become active again. This would include the Size slider that is located in the Tool Properties window because it is a shared adjuster, meaning the Size slider in Tool Properties and the Maximum Size slider in the Pencil Properties windows control the same thing.

Corporate comforts offer equipped condominiums to many different spots in New Mexico and Texas. Beautiful extensive remain condominiums in furnished apartments el paso, San Antonio, Austin, tx & much more