Saving or backin up your tools

Hi there everyone!

i have searched the forums and couldn’t find anything related to saving and exporting your tool presets (like different types of brushes, and textured brushes). Is there a specific folder where there are stored? Because i have to use TB animate Pro 2 on multiple computers and sometimes it’s extremely time consuming to build all of my brushes again.

Any thoughts?

thanks you for you help!

There’s not an easy way to save the brushes. You can find the Brush Texture files in :

C:\Documents and Settings\your_user\Application Data\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animate Pro\full-790-pref\penstyletextures

but you need to get the other information in the Animate Pro-pref.xml file and copy it in the other machine.

If you don’t mind having all the same shortcuts, preferences on the other machine then you should just make copy of C:\Documents and Settings\your_user\Application Data\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animate Pro folder and paste on the other machine.

On Mac I can’t remember exactly but it’s something like /Library/Preferences/Toonboom…

Both these locations can be hidden by default though on your machine so you might have to make them visible in your browsers.