rigging with bones

Hi, I am trying to make a rigg for a cutout character using bones. I am not able to find out how to make the different bodyparts follow the parent-child system. It seems that I need to make the deformation bones interact with eachother somehow? I would like it to- if when i bend the “torso” deformation bone, the arms, and head follow. I would also like to be able to make a “library” of different hands, and heads, that I can switch between, as in a “normal” cutout-rigg, and still be able to use the same deformation rigg. Does anybody have any advice on this? I have attached a picture from the rigg :slight_smile: Thank you very much in case!!!

What you need are “kinematic outputs”

It’s not easy to explain here so, I recommend you read the manual.

Basically, what you have to do is create, for instance, three kinematic outputs in the torso deformer and attach both arms and head to those outputs, instead of parenting them. Same thing for the hands, create a KO in the arm deformer and attach the hand there. I you have several hand drawings in the layer, you just swap drawings as needed, they will all follow the KO, but be sure all of the drawings have the same pivot location.

Thank you very much!! I will check out the manual too, but your reply made it much more understandable, so far:)