Replace Images

Hi

I love TBS, but I’m not so keen on vector drawing, so I prefer to create my artwork in Photoshop.

It’s great that I can import my PSD files directly into Toon Boom Studio, but I was wondering if there was an option to update imported images from a PSD that has been edited.

Currently, I have to go through and laboriously replace all instances of an updated image. I wonder if I am missing something obvious?

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any tips.

:slight_smile:

Byron

Well, try this:
Save your Project and quit TBS / go to your Project-Folder (name.tbpd) /
Right-click (control-click for Mac) and from the contextual-menu choose
“Show Package Contents” / in the Scene-Folder should be a Bitmap-Folder
with all your images / open those bitmaps into Photoshop for editing / save your changes /
open your project again in TBS, all changes to the Bitmaps should show up.

Cheers
Nolan

Thanks for the reply, Nolan.

I realise I can save over the Project/Scene/Bitmap/Image.tga file, and then restart TBA and have the image updated. If I could update the image from within TBS, without restarting, I think this would be the way to go.

Unfortunately, working from my original Photoshop drawing, I need to create an alpha channel for the element I’m saving before exporting as a TGA file, so there’s quite a few steps to the process doing it this way too.

I’m guessing that at the moment, updating an imported image from a PSD file is not possible, and updating the TGA bitmap file, without restarting TBS is also not possible.

A quick update… You don’t actually need to restart TBS. If, after overwriting the TGA bitmap, you go to File/Open Recent and re-open your current TBS project, the bitmap will update.

So, thanks again, Nolan. You got me investigating and I think you have given me, if not a solution, then at least a work around.

:slight_smile: