Rendering speed with shadow effects

Does anyone have any experience with the shadow effect on rendering speeds? I was running a render on a student animation(return key) with 52 frames. The character was doing a 13 frame walk sequence, and had 8 layers. No background, and a shadow effect. The render took around 5-6 minutes! Is this an issue with my hardware, or with the layer effect? Hardware running Dell GX 620s with 2 gig of ram, dual core processors running at 3.192, wacom drawing tablets, flat screen monitors, with radeon x600 cards

Hi Erice,

Would it be possible to get a screenshot of the scene (before rendering) so I could have a better idea of what could be causing a problem.

Also, if you used bitmap or vectorized element would it be possible to know the former resolution of that element. Also, if you do a quick preview, one it is done there check the size report in the preview window. There you should have the size of all of the drawing. This should give you an idea of what could be causing the problem.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hmmmm, at a loss as to how to attach an image here. I have a screenshot of the file, which is more than the 8 layers,I originally said, and I have a shot of the top of the image size document in jpeg. I guess part of my problem is that I have no benchmark as to know what is proper in speed rendering an animation. Last year on 5 year old machines longer flash animations did not take as long.

Hi Erice,

You can set the image via e-mail at techsupport@toonboom.com. If you could get a screenshot of the size report of the file it would be usefull as well.

Best regards,

Ugo