Render time / Studio v4

Every time I go to PREVIEW MOVIE or PREVIEW SCENE, it takes a long time to render. I am running Lepeord 10.5.5 and have a newer Mac Book Pro. I am up to date on QUCKTIME updates and my scene is not very complex (3 layers of snow and a house). Also when I go to QUICK PREVIEW, it says to have Flash enabled in quicktime preferences. I can not find this in the quicktime preferences. How can I speed up render time and enable Flash?

Thanks,
Jeramiah

Would anyone recommend reinstalling Toon Boom? I did it once with Lightwave and it worked.

Hi,

This was fixed in 4.5, basically we no longer use Quicktime to do Quick Preview. Since version 7.3.1 I think Quicktime no longer support swf tracks in its player which causes the Quick Preview to be completely unusable inside of the software. By the time you acquire the new version you would need to rely on the Preview Scene or make swf export of your scene and check the swf file after the render.

Regards,

Ugo

I just encountered the problem within the last two days. Would what you say still hold true? If so how can I upgrade to 4.5? I sent an email about upgrading a while ago and got no response.

Thanks,
Jeramiah

Hi,

The upgrade needs to be purchased. You can proceed through it by going to the online store or contact our sales department about it. The reason why you started encountering the issue just now is most likely related to the fact you have either upgraded your OSX or your Quicktime.

Best regards,

Ugo