Removing Close Gaps and Color Gradient

1. How do I remove close gap points? There are close gap lines that were automatically placed but that I need to remove in order to color an entire object.
  2. How do I extend the border of a color gradient/texture (and not just move the color layer)? I’m coloring hair, and the ends of the curls aren’t registering as part of the larger hair structure. But when I fill each spot individually, it creates a unique color gradient within each spot which doesn’t match the gradient of the rest of the hair and looks weird.
  3. how can I freehand color with a gradient? I tried using the paint brush in my color layer, but each time I release my stylus and start filling in again, it creates a new gradient, and I’m trying to get one gradient to fill in the entire area.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

answer1:
I’m not sure understand your first question mean.
do you want to clean extend point? you need use “Contour Editor” tool in toolbar.(the white arrow tool).

answer2:(some complex steps)
step1: use select tool to selected the gradient colour object, and click “Store Colour Gradient” option in “tool properties” view.(a box with a checkmark icon)
step2: switch to the paint tool in toolbar, and click the “use stored colour gradient” option.(divided into four of the box icon). and paint the object.
Done!

answer3:(similar to the answer2)
you click brush tool icon in toolbar, and draw a object with gradient colour.
and use select tool to selected the gradient colour object, and click “Store Colour Gradient” option in “tool properties” view.(a box with a checkmark icon).
switch to the brush tool in toolbar, and click the “use stored colour gradient” option.(divided into four of the box icon). and continue to draw the object.

—Loong