Removing blank pics from the substitution drawing list

Hi guys,

I’m on Toon Boom Harmony 20 essentials,
on widnows 10.

On a layer, on several different frames, I created an empty frame drawing.
I drew something on each, so each frame became a substition drawing, in the library.
At some point I created too many empty frame drawings, now my swap list is full of empty frame pics.
I can’t delete them cause there’s nothing on them.

And it seems now that when I delete one with something on it,
it can’t be deleted either… It just becomes another of those empty pics int he substitution drawings list.

Anybody encountered this issue ?
Foun a workaround ?

Can’t believe this whole swap thing can be so messy on a version 20 !

In general deleting drawing substitutions is a pain, and has been for a while, which is both good and bad depending on how you look at it. :slight_smile:

If you want to delete unwanted substitute drawings (The old way that I know of) you have to go to the XSheet view, (add it with the plus sign in one of the window corners, if you don’t have it already)
in there find the layer, and the substitute drawing that you want to delete and right click it, go down to drawing and it gives you a few options including “delete selected drawing”. You can also rename the substitute drawings in here, which is nice.

I’m still new in harmony 20, but I mucked about in the “drawing substitution” tab, and found that in the top left of the tab (Those three lines that opens a dropdown menu) you can enable an edit mode, and with that you can delete the drawings from there instead of having to use the XSheet. which is a bit easier to manage. :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much. It’s very useful!