Registration problem

I registered my product keys online and received license keys for my licenses. Once I install the program, I am asked to register the program. When I go to register the program and enter the license key, I get the message saying “license key assigned”. Is it okay for me to say “Never Register” when the screen pops up after installation? Thanks for any and all help.

Hi,

It seem you had registered the software prior to the installation. Be aware that on the first launch of Toon Boom Studio you will be asked to register as a formality but if it was already done you should press the Never Register key since trying to register it over again will result in receiving the message that the license has already been assigned.

I also want to let you know that every online purchase of our softwares are automatically registered to the account that purchased the software.

Best regards,

Ugo

my dad bought me my copy of toon boom studio 3.5 back in 2006. now that i want to crossgrade to toon boom animate, i have to register my current copy of studio. however, i have the same problem as the person above, it says that my key has already been registered (i assume, automatically, to the account my dad made just to buy it for me).

he doesn’t know any of the details, but i do have a copy of the email he was sent after purchasing. the email account he used to sign up has been long shut down, so he can’t really ask for the password to be mailed to him.

is there any way to reassign the license key to my account? it was a gift to me, and i am its sole user. i have emailed support but no one has replied to me.

if you need any more details, please email me,
rosatron@gmail.com

Hi,

You should contact our support department concerning this request and they will be able to give you assistance in recovering access to your account and key. You can contact them at techsupport@toonboom.com.

Best regards,

Ugo