recommended graphics card?

Just found out that I’m in dire need of a new comp, so I thought I’d check what graphic card comes most recommended, if any. Also, more importantly, which ones should I stay away from due to known issues?

Any info is much appreciated, thanks.
Pat

Hi Pat,

Depends on what you want to run on the machine. If you expect to use multiple monitor or upgrade to Digital Pro try staying away from anyway that is not nVidia.

Also highest you can get in a series is a better option so a GeForce 7600 would be better then a 8200. Normally aim for 500+ for that brand. As for Quadro if you want to do some work with Toon Boom software mainly the price difference is not really worth the increased performance and you would most likely get a better GeForce for the same amount you would have paid the Quadro.

So for the moment I would tell you to go for 7600+, 8600+ or 9600+ cards.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ugo

Definitely helpful info, thanks a lot, Ugo.

I plan on running toon boom for sure, but also a number of other graphically intensive programs, the higher end GeForce should work across the board, right?

Thanks again.

Hi Pat,

You should not have any difficulties running other software with GeForce (unless mentioned on your software). If you plan on making lot of 3D stuff you might want to invest in a Quadro but else way a GeForce should be more then enough.

The cards previously recommended are pretty high end cards so you should be good for a while with those.

Regards,

Ugo