Re:some help with function curves.

Hi Mark,

you could use the easing pop up window.
There, you juste have to enter the value of your ease-in or out. No curves to modify.

Unfortunately it is not intergrated in the default workspace and you have to add the button manually.
To do this you just have to click on the “Tool Bar Manager” button (what it looks like you can see on p. 49 of the help) and add this function:

“Qt Script: TB_Eases_for_multiple_parametres”

The image on the button represents two uprising curves.

I hope this that this can help.

Bye,

Stefroque

Hello there
In my animation I have a car scaling small from the distance into the foreground and I want the car to ease into it’s final positon. The problem is that when I adjust the velocity curve the car no longer moves in a direct path but curves instead. How can I have the symbol move and scale in a uniform way. I’m finding Animates curve editors to be a bit too complex and would appreciate any help.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks for the help Stefroque. I can find a workspace manager button but not a Tool bar manager button. >:(

Hi Mark,

indeed you can’t see it when you work in the “Default” workspace.
In the workspace manager scroll down field (on the left side of the workspace manager button) choose the workspace called “Animating”.

Now you should see the “Tool Bar Manager” button even twice:
once on the top left side of the timeline and once on the top left side of the camera window.

You will see it works fine. :wink:

Cheers

Stef

The other way you could do it to link the scale X and Y to the velocity curve found with the 3D Path portion.

To do this you open the editor of your movement and connect the Scale X and Y to a velobased curve. See in the image:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3329/screenshot001ty5.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/screenshot001ty5.jpg/1/w671.png

It’s best to do the connections before you do your movements because you will be replacing the connection to the curve by doing the Create Velobased.

Once the connections are done you can modify the speed in the Velocity curve and the scale X n Y will follow the same pattern.

The advantage of this method is that if you change the speed pattern afterwards the scale speed will follow.

The other way is good also with the QSA script. It’s up to you.

Huzzah ;D Thankyou both very much for the advice.

I ended up connecting the x and y scales to the velocity curve and now my car nicely eases out from background and eases into the foreground.

Thanks again, If you guys lived nearby I’d buy you a beer.

Cheers
Mark