Re:resize an individual cell

Your problem is that you are using image elements and not drawing elements. They are not the same thing. The reason the drawing tools are grayed out is because you are using an image element for your import and the drawing tools only work for drawing elements.

As to the import and vertorize with textures feature, I suggest that you read this article for specific step by step instructions on using this great feature.

INTRODUCTION TO PHOTO CUT-OUT ANIMATION

Hope this helps -JK

I’m new to Toon Boom.
I’m creating a cut out animation. I think I need to resize an individual cell.
I’m setting up for lip sync; I’ve imported all my a-g mouth shapes and put them into one element.
Unfortunately the largest mouth shape shrinks down. It needs to be resized to fit the head. How do I resize just one cell? Currently when I attempt resize an individual cell it resizes all the cells on the entire element.
THANKS.
C
btw does anyone here tutor? I could use some help

You can rename cells by going to the exposure sheet to the column for the desired element and just double click on a cell name to allow its name to be edited.

As to resizing a individual cell in a common element you need to be working with drawing elements as opposed to image elements. So if you are importing image files for your mouth shapes, import them into a drawing element using the import and vectorize with textures feature. (v4.0 and above) Then if you need to resize the objects in an individual cell just use the drawing select tool (1) to select the object and resize the object using the grab handles on the bounding box. (I also answered this question over in the Cartooning In Toon Boom WIKI discussion thread for you too)-JK

Ok, Gents, Thanks so much for your attention.
Unfortunately it didn’t help. I’ve tried all your advice without any success.
Perhaps it would help to know these are cut out PSD layers.

JK - TGRS Posted on:
“You can rename cells by going to the exposure sheet to the column for the desired element and just double click on a cell name to allow its name to be edited.”

When I rename cells using this method the image disappears.
I learned from another user however that I can right click in the cell and use “rename image”. That works well.

Posted by: JK - TGRS:
“resize the objects in an individual cell just use the drawing select tool (1) to select the object and resize the object using the grab handles on the bounding box”

I found this not to work either. Instead it resized all the cells the entire element

Posted by: Nolan Scott:
“Select the Select-Tool “1” from the Drawing-Tools, select the whole drawing and resize or reposition the mouth-drawing…”

This also has not worked for me. In fact the drawing tools are greyed out. The only thing that works in the drawing window is the magnify/zoom tool.
Fortunately another user suggested setting setting keyframes on adjacent cells. This appears to work alright.
Thanks again gentlemen for trying to help me work this out.
-Craig

http://web.mac.com/nolan.scott/Gallery/mouthshapes.html

Thanks again, guys
-Craig