Re:ok now that i got the pro 2 product code...

yup and i got the new code for animate pro 2 today :slight_smile:

but the trial 15 day version has no place to input the new product codes.

do i just wait for the 15 days to run out before i can input a new code?

or do i uninstall it and reinstall to promp the line for the new code?

thanks

steve

ok now that i got the pro 2 product code ( the full version not the 15 day code)

i donā€™t see where to put the new code in the 15 day version?

do i uninstall it?

and reinstall the pro 2 and when it asks for the product code put in the new code?

and should i uninstall pro 1 ?

thanks

Steve

You need to first return your license key from Animate Pro 1, then uninstall Animate Pro 1, then install Animate Pro 2, then input your 15-day license for Animate 2. An email must be sent to licensor@toonboom.com notifying her that you have completed the license return and she will send you a permanent license.

Here are the full instructions on the knowledgebase:

http://www.toonboom.com/support/kb/questions/431/Animate-Pro-2-ļæ½-Upgrading-from-Animate-Pro-version-1?402

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Oh!
Can upgrade Animate Pro 1 to Animate Pro 2 free? :o

i got a email that i could update from 1 to 2 for free ā€¦yes

i figure it out ā€¦

now that i got the new product code go to the license wizard and active licenseā€¦and the other choices until i get to the point where i can input the new product code.

i forget about this side software ā€œthe license softwareā€ ā€¦i wanted to put the new code in the animate pro 2 software itself. hehe.

thanks

steve

I have my temporary license. I returned the Animate Pro 1 license through the License manager on Monday. I then re read yesterday and saw that I need to send an e-mail notification to licensor@toonboom.com with the old animate Pro 1 license number in the body of the letter. Which I proceeded to do That was last night. How long before I can expect to receive the permanent license?

J

It should take no more than 24 hours (during the regular M-F work week) to get your new code after you send the email. In case there is a hiccup and it takes more than one day, thatā€™s why you have the 15 day trial license, so that we have a bit of leeway when it comes to activating the full license. If more than a day has gone by and you havenā€™t received a response then you can send your email again because it might have somehow gone into a spam filter. You could also email support@toonboom.com and they will forward the email to licensor in case she didnā€™t get it.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

well i turned my animate 1 license got the temp license for animate 2ā€¦now the 15 days are up and noooooo animateā€¦there has got to be a better wayā€¦what happened to the automatically switching over after the 15 days?..or did i misunderstand something thereā€¦ >:(

Thereā€™s no ā€˜automaticā€™ switching over of the licenses. When you return your V1 license with the Activation Wizard you then have to send an email to licensor@toonboom.com with your V1 code in the body of the email and the subject line Animate 1 license return. They will then send you an email back with your V2 code, which you activate with the Activation Wizard. The full instructions are here:

http://www.toonboom.com/support/kb/questions/380/Animate-2---Upgrading-from-Animate-version-1

If youā€™ve already sent them an email with v1 license code and havenā€™t heard back, you should send another email immediately. It usually takes no longer than 24 hours to receive your v2 code.

I did the above but never got an email from toon boom. I did go onto the ā€œmy productsā€ page and they did update my list to include the Animate 2 license where I copied my product license number and put it into the license wizard.

If you donā€™t see a response within a few days of sending your code, and your products section of your account on the website hasnā€™t been updated, then feel free to send your email to licensor@toonboom.com again. If all else fails, send an email to support@toonboom.com requesting that they forward an email to licensor if it doesnā€™t go through. This is very rare, however sometimes the emails are sent to the spam filter.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support