Re-Linking Files

I had to move some files around on my computer and when I re-opened toonboom The scenes are missing elements.

How do I relink these elements and know which elements it is looking for?

as in final cut pro it will tell me what is missing so I find the file and relink then walla its fixed.

I am not able to find a simple solution on my own.

thank you

You would need to replace the files where you moved them from. Toon Boom software works differently than Final Cut. In Final Cut the source material is linked to. In Toon Boom software the source material is actually imported into the project folder following the project structure. It is not expected that anyone would move the contents of their project folder because there is no reason to do this normally.

“It is not expected that anyone would move the contents of their project folder because there is no reason to do this normally.”
Sorry, but this is one totally not logical statement. You might switch the person who works on the storyboard, and need to give them the content in a folder. Your computer might crash down and need reinstall. If you work on a external hard disk, it could die. You might need to free space on your laptop. You might buy another server and want to switch the content on it. I have this problem now, 5 years after this post, and by the amount of people who have posted about the problem, maybe that was an issue that should’ve been solved by now.

Well put. I had to replace my hard drive last month. As result I now can’t access any of my existing ToonBoom projects. All of them are empty, ie. un-linked. Has someone figured out how to fix the issue? It just hurts.