Quickstart Tutorial

I am wanting to do the quickstart tutorial for Toonboom but can’t find the images to use. I have download the zip and the pdf. But the old man rough is not there.
Can someone tell me where to find it?

Hi,

Are you looking for version 5.0 tutorials or previous version ones? If you want the 5.0 one be aware that we should be releasing an updated version of the tutorials shortly.

Best regards,

Ugo

I am trying to do the tutorial that is online with the old man and the ghost. The one that is the Quickstart Tutorial.
If there are any other links for tutorials please refer me to them.
Thanks

Hi,

You can recover the tutorials material through the following page:

http://www.toonboom.com/products/toonBoomStudio/eLearning/tutorials/quickStart/index.php

The link to the material is the Sample Material (ZIP) link at the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Ugo

That is what I downloaded and I can’t find the old man rough to trace.

Hi,

The Drawing Rough project can be found in the package under the Lesson1_Drawing>Drawing_Rough folder. There open the Drawing_Rough.tbp and you should be able to follow the instruction from there.

Regards,

Ugo

Ugo you have been great as far as helping me. I am so sorry to keep bothering you but could you please send me the like to lesson 1 where I can find the old man rough. Any other links that you feel would be helpful.
Thanks

Ugo you have been great as far as helping me. I am so sorry to keep bothering you but could you please send me the like to lesson 1 where I can find the old man rough. Any other links that you feel would be helpful.
Thanks

Hi,

The drawing itself may not be called old man but rather character which may be confusing. Has I previously mentioned we are reworking the tutorials for versions 5 to make them easier to understand and more precise. This being said all the material to get the tutorials done should be available in the sample material, after you download the zip package simply make sure to extract it in a location what you can easily find it (make sure to keep the folder structure as you extract the files) and you should be able to get access to the project following the path I gave in the previous message.

If you still can’t access the files please explain to us step by step the manipulation you are doing to the zip file to access the actual project.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks ! When I have the opportunity to start on the tutorial I will contact you again if I need help.

Hi,
I have the very same problem, and have done everything as instructed, but the character cells are empty.

I am using version 5.

When I first open the ‘drawing rough’ animation I get a message that says:

‘The file character-1 is related to a drawing and could not be found. The file may have been moved, renamed or deleted. Furthere error messages will be suppressed’.

I have tried to open the individual characterTBD files. To do this I went into the drawing rough folder, then selected the drawing folder and I find the 10 character TBD files, but when I click on one of the files I get a message that says:

“windows cannot open the file”, with instructions to find the right program with which to open it.

So, I’d really like some help with this as I am so keen to get started on my first animation.

Hope you can help.

Bluestormqueen

Hi,

Make sure that you properly extract the project from the zip file. You may get that kind of error if the project is still nested inside of the zip of the sample.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Ugo,
How do I check that the files have been properly extracted and that nothing is nested in the zip?
Cheers
Bluestormqueen.

Hi,

If you need to open the project through the zip the the files are still most likely still archived.

Otherwise the quickest way to make sure everything is out of the zip is to simply open the zip and pull the folder at the root of the zip out of it to your desktop. Then try to open the project from the desktop folder.

Regards,

Ugo

Hi I looking for toon boom animate tutorial, I download the material that is in the web, the e lerning, but I cant install. The program trhow me a message that its a not valid Win32 application ??? Why that ???

Hi,

Make sure to ask this question in the proper forum:

http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/animate/

Regards,

Ugo

So have the Quickstart tutorials all been reworked for 5 yet?

Hi,

You should be able to find the new version of the tutorial through the following link:

http://www.toonboom.com/products/toonBoomStudio/eLearning/

Regards,

Ugo

has anyone been able to open the tutorials? i am on the free trial version and am trying to open a tutorial, but can’t. i don’t see any users on the forum who have had success. i would appreciate any help. thanks :slight_smile: