Quick Preview problems?

I have recently experienced problems using the Quick Preview function. It appears to render (as it shows the progress bar), but does not open the .swf. I can render a full movie or even a scene preview but Quick Preview just won’t function. This has gone on for 2 days now so it’s not some simple reboot fix. I can’t find any setting/command that would cause this. Is anyone else having this problem or have an idea of how to fix this? This function is essential to my job, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you on a mac? Did you just upgrade Quicktime?
i have just begun having this problem also. I think it may be being caused by upgrading to the most recent version of Quicktime 7.1.3.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Yes on both counts. I thought that might be it but it didn’t make much sense to me, but then what does when dealing with Quicktime? Any suggestions one fixing this?

I just happened to read about this on another forum. It seems that the new Quicktime 7.1.3 includes Flash, but it is turned off by default. You need to go to System Preferences/Quicktime/Advanced and enable Flash. Hopefully, this will take care of your problem.

Ron

Awesome. Thanks for your help Ron. I really appreciate it.Have a good one!
Baird

also go to preferences quicktime 7.1.3

make sure you click on the miscellaneous in the mime settings
under advanced
and while your there look at all the pull down options
that should do it