QUICK PREVIEW NOT WORKING

I am on TSB 4.0, Mac OS X
I just did a Mac software update, and now my quick preview is not working. (My Quick Time Version has updated to 7.5.5)

Has the Toon Boom been able to come up with a patch to accomodate this? I tried to uninstall but I am getting a message that I will lose my whole Itunes library if I downgrade Quick time.

I haven’t seen anything posted on this issue in a while.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Well, last year (2007) Toon Boom published a note,
about avoiding upgrading to QuickTime 7.3.1 or above…
http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/toonBoomStudio/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=3403

With Release 4.5 - Quick Preview (return-key) is back and working again -
with the newest version of QuickTime…

Cheers
Nolan

Thanks Nolan - I saw that too late - I would have uninstalled and reinstalled the old version of Quicktime but I will lose a lot of data and my entire Itunes library.

I know Ugo mentioned that they were working on a patch for this issue, but that was a year ago - so I’m trying to find out if they have come through with this.

Using TBS 4.5 / QuickTime 7.5.5 / OSX 10.4.11 / iMac G5 Intel Core 2 Duo

Hi Jeff,

As far as I know, there was no “Patch-Release for TBS 4.0” so far…?
“to make Quick Preview working again with the newer version of QuickTime
(7.3.1 or above)”.

I guess you have to upgrade to TBS 4.5…

Cheers
Nolan

They had mentioned latst year that they were trying to find a workaround solution, but I haven’t seen that posted on here.

That’s what I am trying to find out–I don’t need any other features, I just need the preview to work. As you know, TBS is pretty difficult to use without the quick preview feeature.

(4.5 does not seem like a solutiion. There are two of us working together, my partner’s on a Mac G4 which is not compatible with 4.5)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

FYI: although Toon Boom Animation does not specify that TBS V4.5 has been tested on the Mac G4 PowerPC, we have been using it in our studio on a G4 PowerPc running OSX 10.4.11 (latest version before 10.5) and it works great. You should download the free trial version and test it for yourself which is what we did prior to upgrading. -JK

That is not an adequate solution at all - 2 of us work together - one of us on a G4 running 10.4.8.

It seems a lot to spend - 2 toonboom upgrades plus a Leopard upgrade on the G4 just to get the preview playback working (since we send files back and forth to each other).

I had noticed on earlier posts that they were hoping to find a workaround for the problem…so perhaps someone has found a solution for this?

Thanks