Questions about upgrading to Harmony from Animate

I own and have been working in Toon Boom Animate for over a year now, and got a promotional email offering an upgrade to Harmony for $199. I’m interested in the offer, but wanted to get some info on Harmony from people familiar with it.

First off, will I still be able to use the copy of Animate installed on my PC to finish up current projects? How easy is it to import existing Animate files into Harmony, be they the core .anim files or templates saved in my Animate library? Finally, does the upgrade plan count as a full, permanent, one-time purchase, or will I be signing up for something similar to the subscription plan?

I should also mention that the deal only seems to get me Harmony Advanced. I’m tempted to just subscribe to Premium because of stuff like OpenFX support and particle effects, though I’ll look into the benefits of those before making a decision. What features would justify a Harmony Advanced purchase over Animate, though? Also, does Advanced support the Light Shading feature? And would trying a trial to test performance nullify the upgrade deal?

Yes.

Toon Boom will transfer your project / Library files from Animate to Harmony for free.

Yes.

That is entirely up to your wishes and personal demands.

No.

No.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I’ll try a trial and make a decision based on that before the discount expires.