Question about Asset Creation for Deformation models after rigging.

So I’m wondering if I make a cut out model using the deformation skeletons, will I run into issues if I want to make assets for them after the rigging is done? I’ve been watching a lot of tutorials and most of the creation I see is done before rigging. For instance I’d like to make my turn around model and rig it and then make hands and feet as I need them, as well as if I wanted to change a character shirt or shoes using image substitution, would I have to make a whole new rig just to reflect this? Thanks a lot, I am really enjoying learning this software.

It depends on what you are replacing and why.
If it has the same size and placement, it’s relatively
simple by adding the frame number of the layer’s
drawing (Enable Deformation) to the correct deformation’s
“Deformation Switch” node.

The rigging and cut-out tutorials should cover these
questions: http://learn.toonboom.com/courses

My main concern is like if I rig a character with a jacket using a curve deform on the torso and regular deform on arms, will it be easy to later come back and use the same rig/character and replace the arms and torso image with that that doesn’t have the jacket after the rigging is already done. Another instance would be if I wanted to replace that same jacket with an image of the same jacket with tears/holes from combat damage without making a whole new rig.

My main concern is like if I rig a character with a jacket using a curve deform on the torso and regular deform on arms, will it be easy to later come back and use the same rig/character and replace the arms and torso image with that that doesn’t have the jacket after the rigging is already done. Another instance would be if I wanted to replace that same jacket with an image of the same jacket with tears/holes from combat damage without making a whole new rig.[/quote]

Yes you can do that no problem. Furthermore you can use a deformer chain that is bound to drawing substitutions to have different deformers on the same pieces or different ones.

Example:

Drawing 1 (upper arm blue): bone deformer
You duplicate drawing.
Drawing 2 (upper arm blue): curve deformer
Drawing 3 (upper arm blue with holes): no deformer
Drawing 4 (upper arm blue with holes): curve deformer
Drawing 5 (upper arm red): no deformer.

So each drawing you duplicate or draw can have a deformer or no deformer, and every piece can be duplicated and assigned its own deformer.