[Python - PySide6] Error Importing some modules

Hi to all,

In the doc it says: “Harmony’s python-packages also includes a copy of PySide6 that can be used to integrate with and extend Harmony’s GUI

But when trying to import a specific module (I have checked that the file exists, in this case: QtWebSockets.pyd) Python returns an error saying:

import PySide6.QtWebSockets
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: DLL load failed while importing QtWebSockets: The specified module could not be found.

It also happens with other PySide6 modules located there.

My system is Python 3.9.7 64bits (Windows)
Harmony Premium 22.0.1 (19025) (Trial)

Any clue? What is the exact python version used to compile those *.pyd files? (to try it)

I think I’ve found what happens. Although the installation contains all the PySide6 libraries (pyd), there are only a few dlls of PySide6 installed with Harmony

I have downloaded with pip the exact same version of PySide6 included with Harmony 22 (6.2.2.1), copied all the missing DLLs to C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 22 Premium\win64\bin and now I have access to all features of PySide6 (including QtWebSockets

It would be great if you include in the installation package the full DLLs package of PySide6 instead only a few ones.

And my last requests regarding this…

If you decide to include all PySide6 stuff into Harmony, it would be great to include all the stuff also in QtScriptBindinds. The main scripting ecosystem in Harmony is done in javascript (callbacks, events, etc) so we need to be able to execute all the PySide features from js.

Also, I’m trying to find any way to call / eval Python stuff from .js scripts (like Autodesk Maya do with MEL scripts through Python). I dont know if it is already exists, but if dont, it would be also great.

Thanks in advance