PSD import desatures

When I import PSD files to Hamony 12 it desatures. Help anyone? I attached a screenshot of the original PSD file and the imported file in Harmony 12.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 2.33.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 2.33.19 PM.png

You are showing two files with the .PNG extension even though you have “PSD” in one of the names.

Between the two files, one is almost twice as large which would indicate more information.

How did you create the two files?

Also, if you have something set up for CMYK then mix it in some way with RGB or the other way around you will see saturation discrepancies.

Check your color space and export settings in PS.

I uploaded a SCREENSHOT of my file. Not the whole PSD that’s why it says “.png” at the end. I wanted to show the difference between the original PSD and after I import it in TOONBOOM. My color setting in PS is already in RGB.

I have certainly run into this issue. for me, i traced it back to the color profile that the designer I work with was sending in the PSDs. she embeds Adobe RGB. I believe Harmony does not color manage, and therefore does not recognize the embedded Abode profile. check your color management settings and make sure you are not embedding a profile that is potentially different from your system default.

The only thing I changed was the Color Spaces (RGB/sRGB). I’ve been trying to figure it out for weeks.

Try the same process with a BMP, TGA, PSD and TIFF.

This will provide more data to consider which could help shed light on the source of your problem.