Processor Problems

I’m having some issues with using the paint bucket. After 4 or 5 clicks, the software starts to slow down. It ‘feels’ like the cache needs to be purged, but I don’t know if that’s possible. Either that, or I need to reduce the amount of ‘undo’ steps.

Or, does it have something to do with the fact that I’m painting in camera view so I can see more detail than shown in drawing mode with the light table?

Or, is there any advice anyone can give on the memory settings they work with in TB?

Here are the tech specs:
ToonBoom Studio 4.5
Mac 10.5.8
2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SCRAM
Cintiq

More about the project:
I’m rotoscoping a simple scene with the frame size 854 x 480 at 24 fps. I have the video layer, the outline layer (black lines w the brush tool) and the paint layer (brush tool and paint fill). I’ve already traced all the outlines with no processor lag. In fact, I’ve worked on several more complex projects (motion, color changing, camera movement, the works) and haven’t seen this lag when drawing. What happens is, I use the brush and fill to paint about 4 frames, and then after that, the speed steadily decreases in about the fifth frame so that when I use the brush tool, the end of the stroke is at least a quarter inch behind the pen. The paint area is about 1/2 inch square, so I’m not dragging the pen really fast around the whole stage. I’ve closed all other applications, quit and restarted both the software and the computer, and the slow down persists after a few minutes of use, meaning to me that it’s a cumulative problem. One or two clicks, it’s fine, but after several fill clicks added one onto another, and the system becomes taxed beyond normal processing speed.

Any advice would be helpful!

Kris10

Hello,

It might be a good idea to contact support@toonboom.com with your performance issues. They will probably be able to help you out a little better than me.

Thanks,

Lindsay