Problems with TBS 4.5 or TBS 5.0 and older Macs???

ARG! Are there any known problems with TBS 4.5/TBS 5.0 and older Macs? I have a Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 Mac and have been having a lot of problems. I kept getting a message when I was saving something like “ToonBoom does not recognize tbc.template” but it appeared to complete saving. Then when I tried to reopen my file was gone and I lost 2 nights of work!! Anyone have any idea of what may be going on or ever get something like that error message? THIS IS REALLY FRUSTRATING. I’m afraid to keep going because I don’t want to go even further down the road and then lose everything, but i want to have all the features of 4.5. I’m feeling like I may be forced to go back to my TBS 3.0. Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thank!

UPDATE: The error I am getting when trying to save is: "Error while saving the animation set. Toon Boom Templates.tbc.new is not a valid Toon Boom Studio file."

It’s not allowing me to save!!! Help!

Hi,

Go to your library tab and select the Toon Boom Templates there. Then right click (Cntrl+click) and do a Close Library. Then Right click in the same section again and use the Restore default template option. This should do the trick.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks, I will try it tonight.

Oh, and is there a way to avoid this in the future?

Thanks again!

Hi,

This is usually caused by the fact the template library of the software was not initially set properly. Using that solution should fix the issue for good so it shouldn’t happen again. If it does let us know and we will further investigate but it might have something to do with the permission set you have on the machines.

Best regards,

Ugo