Problems with motion control points

i am having problems adding motion control points to my camera motion path. it seems to be a bug of some sort. the first few i added (using the shift key) seemed to work just fine, but then as i started adding more, instead of adding the control point to the spot were i clicked, they are being added a frame or so in front of my last control point. with experimentation i also discovered that it seems to be adding the points to the last place i clicked. for example… say i tried to add a point about half way through the motion path it would be added just in front of my last point. but then if i go and add another point about 3/4’s of the way through my path it would be added to the line on the point were i last tried to add one at the halfway point. so each time i try to add a motion control point it adds it to the last place i tried, instead of the current one.

i just got the full version of TBS 4.5 today, so this could be a bug that i haven’t gotten an upgrade for. does TBS automatically upgrade or is there a manual way i have to do it?

Hi,

I tried to reproduce the behavior you were experiencing here and so far did not manage to succeed. I tried on Mac and PC using the mouse to create control points and every point I created on the lines appeared right where I had clicked. You seem to be mentioning you get this after a certain amount of point, how many did you need to create before you got this behavior?

Best regards,

Ugo

hey Ugo,

more strange things with the same issue, but first yesterdays problem.

what i am using…
i have a gateway laptop PC running windows vista. it meets the recommended requirements or slightly exceeds them, except for the nvidia video card, i have an intel chip set that is of the same equivalency. i am using a logitech wireless laser mouse and a wacom intous3 6x8 tablet, though i was just using the mouse at the time. (but with both plugged into their USB ports) i was also using the Advanced Scene planning tutorial i downloaded from the TBS site. (guy and dog walking in front of garage, pan and then fly through cityscape)

yesterday’s issue…
i was playing around with the pegged motion path of the camera and experimenting with it. i had four or five in place that i liked at the time, but may have deleted and added up to 10 or 15 in total before it started happening. kind of hard to say but i know it wouldn’t have been to many more if there were. i also closed and rebooted TBS after the problem started and tried to do it again but had the same problem right from the start.

today’s issue…
after a complete reboot of my laptop and reloading of TBS and the tutorial this morning trying to recreate the same issue for this reply i had another strange problem. this time the motion path was still there, but the green dot to indicate the control points were not. don’t know what happened to them. the curve of the path was still there from where i saved it last night, just not the points, at least physically visible. i could not click around and find them, nor could i hold down the shift key and add more. the motion point control tool would not show up, just the cross hair movement tool indicating that i could grab and move the whole path of the camera and move it around. don’t know what happen it just started out that way.

i’ll play around with another image scene of my own and see if the same thing happens. can’t really imagine it being the tutorial, but who know? everything is a learning process.
-m

and one more thing so you know…

in today’s issue i did have the cameraPeg selected to work with it. also tried selecting camera and other elements and coming back to it to make sure it was selecting it.

thanks,
-m

okay, maybe it IS some corruption in the tutorial.

after setting up a scene with about the same number of elements (i.e. 3 background elements, 1 foreground element, a pegged animated ball and a cut-out fully pegged animated character) i was not able to reproduce the same problem. and i even added and deleted lots of arbitrary control points and was moving them around. then loaded the tutorial back up and it was still having the same noncompliance issue from this morning.

-m

Hi,

Quite weird, I will try to experiment with the tutorial file. If you manage to reproduce the situation again make sure to keep us posted.

Regards,

Ugo

I tried on Mac and PC using the mouse to create control points and every point I created on the lines appeared right where I had clicked. You seem to be mentioning you get this after a certain amount of point, how many did you need to create before you got this behavior?

wireless network card wireless mouse laptop wireless ergonomic keyboard

These post are quite old… but I’m having the same problem now. I can’t seem to make any control points on my motion path.

I’m hovering over the 3D path and clicking “P”… and nothing is happening.

Does anyone have any ideas about where I’m going wrong?

Thanks, Eddie