problems with cintiq 21ux

Hi

I hope somwbody can help me with this, we recently bought a 21ux cintiq and are running as the primary and only screen on a power pc mac g5 and toon boom studio 3.5 but i am running into problems.

the brush and pencil tool do sometimes not even appear when drawn with
and the strokes can not be moved small distances if using the white arrow.

does anyone know of a patch for mac or a fix for these issues.

thanks

J

Hi,

There were fixes for this situation in the version 4.0. See if you get the same behavior with the trial. If you do let us know.

Best regards,

Ugo

hi Ugo

I am using panther operating system on the mac, so i can install the version 4 of studio as it is not supported, and there is no point upgrading the operating system til leopard comes out.

is there any patches for studio 3.5 as toon boom is useless on the cintiq as is.

thanks

jeremy

Hi,

First be aware that 3.5 is not supported on Panther either. The minimum requirement for version 3.5 was 10.4.7 Tiger. The patch for 3.5 was released earlier this year but most of the offset we addressed in the new version. This being said depending on the drivers for Wacom you are using you may be able to avoid such offsets. Try reverting your Wacom drivers to previous ones. I think the 4-96.3 might give you better results.

Best regards,

Ugo