Problems Exporting Video

So I am sure other people have had this problem. When I export the video the colours look slightly faded from the original. Also it slowly loses sync after a short while. Does anyone know of some good settings or a way around this? Have tried exporting the open GL frames but cant seem to find a good setting for those either.

Any help would be much appreciated

Marc.

The faded colours issue had been driving me crazy, CRAZY!! No matter which format I exported my film as, compressed or not compressed, I was getting those bleh colours. So then I tried exporting as a PNG image sequence and success! Glorious unsaturated colours…until they were imported into a compositing program, exported and then the colours were BLEH again. No matter which program I used: final cut pro, quicktime pro, iMovie (all versions) etc I was getting the same results. After years of pulling my hair out and looking for a solution I found this discussion that might help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2545461?start=0&tstart=0

Basically the article talks about Quicktime changing the colours so they don’t look too dark and oversaturated on tv screens. Experimenting with the workarounds discussed I now export my animation as an image sequence and adjust the gamma in Quicktime until I get a result that I’m happy with. I hope this helps!

For the colours, the compression settings on the movie output are the likely culprit here. All compression settings will do slightly different things to reduce space. You can try some different settings and see what works, but I think most people use H.264 with Keyframes: all.

For the audio, try not to use mp3. mp3 files are compressed already, and quicktime and mp3 don’t play well together. For shorter sound files it’s fine, but for longer sound files you’ll want to use .aif or .wav.

~Lilly