Problem to import AI FILES

HELLO… I GOT A problem to import AI FILES,… i click in “RIGHT TO MODIFY” and then i go to import AI FILES…I SELECT the ILLUSTRATOR FILE!.. and nothing happening… NEVER OPEN the file, or the rename option ; JUST NOTHING HAPPEND!

thanks to all!!!

Which version are you using? There was an issue with the Animate 1 PLE, but the Animate 2 PLE as well as Animate 1 and 2 full software should work.

I wonder if there’s a problem with your AI file? You could send an email to support@toonboom.com and attach the ai file and we can test it.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

hello lillyV!

im using ANIMATE 2 PLE… i follow the tutorial but nothing happend!.. do you think this is a configuration PC problem? or window xp configuration problem??

thanks for your aswer!..

i go to send the file to the support Mail… i hope they can help me!

Thanks lillyV… you are the Best!

I’m wondering if you may need to save your illustrator file in legacy mode. There may be some unsupported effects, perhaps? In any case, it’s easier for me to test the file directly.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I tried importing your file, and I did not have a problem. All I did was right-click in the library and select “Right to Modify” in order to be able to write to one of the directories. Then I right-clicked in the right side of the library window for that library and selected “Import Files”. I selected the .ai file that you sent us, and then it was imported into the library. I then dragged it into the camera view, and voila! It appeared!

I’m wondering if perhaps there might have been a problem with your download, that somehow the utility that does the import didn’t make it in? Maybe try downloading the software again?

I’m going to let the rest of the support team take a stab at it to see if they can help you further and when we find the solution I’ll post it here for the benefit of any others.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Hello Lilly… i try to do that… bu it really dosent work… please look this video that i made, whit the import problem…

as you can see i try to import ai file but it dosent work at all… just nothing happend…

please look at my video in this link…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGXaLAyELYo

thanks a lot…

Hello Lilly… i try to do that… bu it really dosent work… please look this video that i made, whit the import problem…

as you can see i try to import ai file but it dosent work at all… just nothing happend…

please look at my video in this link…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGXaLAyELYo

thanks a lot…

First, I would suggest making a really simple Illustrator file as a test, to eliminate any problems with your .ai file.

1. Create a new Illustrator document with just one simple shape on it, eg. filled circle or square.
2. Save the file and make sure the ‘Make PDF compatible’ box is checked. This is important!
3. Now try importing it into Animate like you have been.

If you’re able to import the test file then you should be able to import other .ai files no problem. You just need to break apart the file you’re having problems with, importing it in sections, and find out which piece of artwork is causing all the trouble. I found that I had the same problem as you if my artwork was very detailed, or had any unsupported effects.

If you’re working with layers, have you seen Lilly’s instructions in this thread? This will allow you to import .ai files with layers intact.

http://www.toonboom.com/support/forums/animate/index.php?board=17;action=display;threadid=1701

The script will create a template of your illustrator file in the same directory as the .ai file, then you import that template into your Animate library. Give it a go and if you have any trouble I can walk you through it. I found that I had trouble importing certain Illustrator files, but when I ran this script I could import them.

I noticed that the program Illustrator is still running on the background as you import your file! The file might still be in use! Try to close your AIllustrator before you import the file…this could help I hope.

Try recover ai file for repair .ai files. The application can’t change original data during recovery. The program starts under low system requirements and any system configuration.