Preview slow ....

Hi ,

I would like to know if it is possible to preview an animation on Animate at the real time speed (24fps) in the camera view ?

Any time I try , it’s before 1 and 4fps which is reeeeeeeeeally slow …weither it’s a light or an heavy animation …

If it’s showing slowly in the camera view, then generally it’s doing so because the scene is heavy. If you say the scene is not heavy, then can you give me some more information on your computer please?

- What is your operating system?
- What is your graphics card?

First thing to do is make sure that your graphics card is up to date.

Also, when you are trying to preview, are you doing an OpenGL preview (grey flower) or a Software Render (blue flower)? If you have the software render on, you will very likely not be able to see in real time, because it has to do an actual render every time it switches a frame. Make sure that you have the OpenGL preview selected.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I was referring to the Open GL render in the camera view when clicking the play button on top of the window. With the software render , once the animation is loaded , it plays in realtime.

I run windows XP Pro SP3 , on a pentium 3,4Ghz computer with 3Gb of RAM and my video card is an ATI Radeon 9600 XT with 256Mb

Ok , I fixed that by updating my video card drivers… ;D

Excellent - glad that solved your problem. :slight_smile:

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support