Positioning of objects

Greetings,

I am attempting to move an object toward another object. For example, a dog is walking toward a fire hydrant. I attached a camera and the dog to a peg, and have them move toward the hydrant. When the dog gets very close to the hydrant, I will have water spray out of the hydrant and spray the dog away. My problem is this: When I start trying to draw the water coming out of the hydrant, I can’t tell where the dog would be in that frame, since I can only see him there in camera view.

I’ve seen similar posts, but haven’t been able to figure out if I’m drawing “in the wrong place,” or what exactly I might be doing wrong.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Bryce

Hi Bryce,

You should be able to draw directly in the camera view (which is most likely the best solution for you in this case). Just make sure to first select your drawing element before starting to draw.

Regards,

Ugo

Ugo,

That sounds amazingly simple. No wonder I missed it!

Thanks, I’ll give it a shot!

Bryce

I haven’t been using TB for very long, so I won’t be TOO hard on myself, but…

Somehow I was under the impression you could not DRAW in the CAMERA view! I think I made that mistake when I first tried to set keyframes without first having switched to the camera view. When JK pointed out that I needed to be in camera view to set my keyframes, I guess I just assumed that the opposite was true: that I had to be in Drawing view to draw!

Thanks for straightening me out. I was really questioning the logic behind not being able to see exactly where the other objects were while drawing!

Bryce

Hi,

Glad everything is working out for you now. Using the drawing view is still pretty useful when you need to isolate elements for traditional animation and when you want to use the onion skin without having the whole background being in there.

Regards,

Ugo