Please help! How to put together a film in Toon Boom Harmony (Advanced) with scanned paintings?

Hi!
I’m working on a painted short film. I got lots of scanned paintings on my computer now, which I need to put together. I don’t need to edit them (I have already enhanced the colour in Photoshop), I simply need the image files to follow eachother up with a certain frame rate (some paintings need to be visible for a longer time than others though). How would this work in Harmony? I’ve tried to import some scanned paintings, but a kind of grey shade will appear over the whole image and only one image appears.

I’m not sure how to do this - actually rather simple - thing and I hope someone could help me with it.

If I’m not being clear enough, just say it and I’ll try to explain my wishes better. :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out!!

Name your drawings the following way: bob-1, bob-2, bob-3, etc., for character Bob, for instance. For still images like background you can ignore the numbering, but you can still name them bg-1, ol-1, etc., for consistency.

Import Images > select all images > Create Single Layer named bob; Import Options > Import as Toon Boom Bitmap Drawing (alignment Actual Size and Alpha Straight should work fine.

You can also select several image sequences - for instance several characters, bgs, etc. - and choose Create Layers Based on File Names, and then Create: Separate Layers. That way you will import several layers on a single operation.

The naming of the drawings in Harmony will suck, but you can select each layer on the Xsheet view, right-click and select Drawings > Rename by Frame, so they will all be 1, 2, 3, 4,… before you start working on the timings.

Note that you can also import a PSD file with several animation layers if you want. For that you should have each drawing sequence inside its own group. That is, a group in Photoshop will become a layer in Harmony, and the layers inside the PS group will be the drawings of the corresponding layer in Harmony. For instance, for a background with three layers you can have a PSD file bg.psd with the following group/layer structure:

[group] bg
[layer] 1
[group] door
[layers] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (to animate a door opening or closing, for instance)
[group] table
[layer] 1
[group] overlay
[layer] 1

If you animate a character in Photoshop, the same will work, for instance:

[group] body
[layer] 1, 2, 3
[group] arm-l
[layer] 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
[group] head
[layer] 1, 2, 3

[group] bob