Pesky little problem!

I assume you removed the link to the other contest entry :)That entry was good. I remember it. I would say it was the second best entered in the last one. That said that one wouldn’t be allowed in this contest cause it clearly uses pro not standard animate.

I didn’t think about what would happen if i won, cause the level of effort I put into it probably won’t be enougth (unless we are going for best sound track!). That is basically why i wanted to do it, cause it gives me an excuse to play some spinal tap songs i love. If you didn’t find Spinal Tap is a band/movie which takes the piss out of that glam metal thing of thr 80s.

I was planning on putting up WIP’s and stuff in the thread i made since itsn’t something i can normally do because I don’t want to share until ready.

Besides you need someone against you so you don’t win by default!

After posting that link I realized it was for the old cartoon smart competition. As good as it was, it did not win. 'gulp’

Never heard of Spinal Tap, but Googled it the first time you mentioned it a couple of posts ago, cause I had no clue what it was, but I think I googled stonehenge.

That is what I meant when I talked about being inspired, your level of effort goes down when it is not something you are not REALLY are fired up to do.

I think people who have had some formal training will win anyways, (that does not help the level of effort either) I mean look at what they are capable of doing, but hey it’s worth a shot I guess.

you should enter. I encourage everyone to enter. It is fun and good practice :slight_smile:

this is the winner from last time
http://vimeo.com/groups/22181/videos/7318903

It was really clever, but super simple. If you were just judging on quaility of art the other one blows this one away. But this one had the other parts which make an animation good.

That is what I love about South park.To me the stuff that goes around it makes it one of my favourite animations.

You should watch spinal tap, it is one of the funnyest movies of all time.

My assumption is the winner will be someone who entertains, not just creates the best piece of art.

I felt that that film that won the first competition had very good golden era style. The contest was to recreate a old tv commercial or something of the sorts and that film did just that, but also had some very good animation. The design was very very solid and consistent with the competition’s guidelines. I had predicted it would finish 1 or 2nd.

I will not even comment on south park cause just looking at it hurts my eyes. :o I could listen to episodes of south park cause I think the edgy writing is what made it so popular. The character designs and animation to me are horrendous, but again, the writing made it entertaining.

You are right the winner will definately be one who entertains, the one who finds a way to entertain in 15 seconds. Not easy to do, when it is suggested that you use the original audio from the scene you are recreating.

My point on south park was more if your writing is good and it is entertaining they really don’t care on the quaility. The south park style is now so recognisable.

You could always chop the originally audio. Like shorten the space between lines etc.

Clearly I won’t be using the original audio as you have noticed in the other thread I recorded my own :smiley:

"You could always chop the originally audio. Like shorten the space between lines etc."

Yup, I’ve done that too, but some parts are to juicy to cut cause it gives you a chance to animate some emotion or acting.

That is what Justing “suggested” in his description of the contest, which is fine by me, cause me audio editing skills are just enough to get me by.

It is such an advantage when you can create your own music, it’s ridiculous.

or disadvantage, since all i have done so far is record audio lol. I am just wasting time on something that somebody else will just take from the movie.

Ahhh Practice what you preach my friend LOl. Here I am waisting my time trying to perfect the Animatic when I should be doing something else too, like going to sleep before I screw the whole thing up.

Good luck in the comp guys, looking forward to seeing your entries.

Just curious Alex, which was your entry from the last comp? Did you enter Raider?

Nah i didn’t. I don’t know if i will enter this one as i may just end up with music hahaha. But I really like spinal tap hopefully i will throw something together as a “fan” thing.