Perspective Tool & bitmaps, importing Final Draft scripts

Yesterday I watched the Webinar on the new features of SBP 5.5. One thing that was shown was how the Perspective Tool now works with bitmaps. I tried it and it doesn’t work. Not only that, when I read about it in Help it stated, “NOTE: This tool cannot be used on bitmap layers.” So what’s the deal?

https://docs.toonboom.com/help/storyboard-pro-5-5/storyboard/drawing/about-perspective-tool.html

The other issue is that when I import Final Draft scripts there are some characters it has trouble with. Apostrophe (’), beginning and ending quotation marks (""). They appear as (?). So I have to do a find and replace after every import. Is there a way to fix this?

Examples:

CHARACTER
She?s said, ?What do you want??

CHARACTER
She’s said, “What do you want?”

Hi Zebtoonz,

Sorry I was not clear enough during the webinar, the perspective tool works with imported images and textures on vectors layers only. If you have a bitmap layer, you can convert it to a vector layer and use the perspective tool on it. I hope that helps.

As for the final draft import question, would it be possible to contact our support team so they can take a look?

Thanks!

Marc-André

I am an animator that prefers using bitmaps. I would also really like to have this functionality without having to convert my layer. You can do this in photoshop, and TvPaint, which are both raster based programs. Please add this functionality on the next iteration of toonboom. THaNKYOU