Pencil Textures Not Applying Correctly

Hi Guys,

Having some issues, could be I’m missing something straight forward, either way it’s stumped me!

So using the pencil or rectangle tool, I draw something that works as it should, say like the example below:

The issue is that when I press to change the texture it turns into this:

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by press to change texture? Where are you doing this. What texture should it be, maybe it is missing?
Harmony Version/Build is always a help to know.

One example I did with before and after rectangle changing the pencil texture.

Hi Steenbeck, thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile:

So I’m using Premium 20, build is 16044 I think.

I’m doing it as you have in your example, rectangle drawn with the rectangle tool. Using the black pointer I select it, and press to change the texture in the palette section. The textures look fine in the little preview boxes, where you have highlighted grain, but when I apply it to my rectangle it goes to the example I put in the original post. It looks like that no matter what texture I try to apply.

I’m doing this on the camera section, it looks the same if I look at the render preview.

And it’s only on the pencil related textures, the textures for the brush work fine.

No problem @Qbert111 more things I can think of.

Try updating to the latest Harmony 20.0.5, build 20.0.5.17671 that came out a week ago.

Try resetting your Harmony Preferences (WIN), close Harmony first.
Open File Explorer and check ‘Hidden items’ under View. Then go to folder (C:)>Users>YOUR_LOGIN_NAME>AppData>Roaming>Toon Boom Animation>Toon Boom Harmony Premium. You will see a folder ‘full-2000-pref’ rename it to ‘oldfull-2000-pref’ for backup. Now start Harmony and see if you are still having the issue.

If you are on Windows it might be a video drive issue, is your system up-to-date?

Steenbeck, I think you’ve sorted it! :smiley:

I did the preferences reset, and although in the current project it didn’t change it, it has sorted it for new projects, so I was able to bring it over as a template and it’s sorted.

Thank you so much for the advice, I owe you a beer :slight_smile:

Cheers @Qbert111, glad you got it sorted.

1 Like