Pencil line

Hi:

Could I get a fine line as painted with a pencil? You now, not a regular line: With the beginning and the end of the line thinner.

Thanks

Víctor

no, only a brush gives you a variable line thickness.
cheers,
rob

for that you need to use the brush tool, then adjust the line variety in the properties panel. A wacom graphire or intuous will cause the program to respond with a min/max line based on the settings.

Conceptually, the terms pencil and brush are slightly misleading in the metaphore. The pencil is actually a special tool for minimal vector point drawing. The brush is a tool for any type of line quality representation. So because line quality is pressure sensitive no matter what real world drawing tool you use (lead pencil, pastel, charcoal, felt tip pen, dip pen, brush etc.) then to simulate these tools you will need a pressure sensitive digital tool and use a drawing tool that excepts input from this pressure sensitive digital tool. So that’s why the “brush” is really a metaphore for all real drawing tools that rely on the pressure you apply to produce line quality. The real trick is in adjusting your tablet (pressure and tilt)and the TBS pen parameters (min, max, smoothing) until you get the look and feel you really want. -JK

a pencil line, opposed to the brush line, is not pressure sensitive, and it has the constant thickness.
cheers,
rob

Of course brush! I got wrong with the name. That was what I meant ;D

Thanks for the amazing explanations to all

Víctor