Pen Pressure Sensitivity Problems; Surface Pro 7!

So, I just installed Storyboard Pro 7 on my Surface Pro 7. While getting the program set up, I realized my pen pressure sensitivity wasn’t working. I went into Windows>Toolbars>Pen Settings and thought I had fixed the issue by adjusting the sensitivity through Pen Pressure Feel. Still didn’t work.

I went on the Surface Pro app and even Photoshop to check if pressure sensitivity worked on either; and it did. Realizing that this was most likely an issue associated with the Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 7 program rather than the Surface Pro 7 itself, I am now here asking for help. If anyone has any idea what I could do to fix this please let me know!

Hello Oddder,

Have you ensured that the drivers for your pen are up to date? If so, have you tried re-installing them at any point to see if that could fix the problem?

If you’ve done both of the above, please let me know and we can help troubleshoot your issue further!

Hi dstruble,

Yes, my drivers are current and I have tried re-installing them. Storyboard Pro still won’t support the Pressure Sensitivity unlike Photoshop or the Surface App. If possible I would like to troubleshoot this issue further.

Thanks

Hello Oddder,

Thank you for the update!

Can you try opening Storyboard Pro, going to your Advanced Preferences and toggling “Use Qt Wintab Tablet Support” and then apply the change? You’ll need to restart Storyboard Pro after but please let me know if that fixes the problem.

If performance gets notably worse/better after, please let me know as it’ll help us troubleshoot more if needed.

Thanks!

Hi dstruble,

This worked! Thank you so much!

Thanks

I am having this same issue with pen pressure on the Surface Pro 7 but am using SBPro 6. I don’t see the “Use Qt Wintab Tablet Support” option to toggle in Advanced Preferences. Is it somewhere else in SBPro 6? Please help, thanks!