pen disabled to change from frames 179 to 195

Hi,
this sounds a little strange for me.
I have a layer with frames from 187 to 192 that I just draw…and I have selected the layer and the frame in timeline.

if I want to draw something there from frames 179 to 195 it is disabled (the symbol with the circle of forbidden appears.

If I go to frames 178 of another, I can edit that layer without problem.
Yes, there are layers over that layers that are from 179 to 195, but In that range if press 1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1 and click a far far far point from all the drawings of all layers… outside of all the images, so there is no image over that area, and it is a clean area… but the same happens: editing is not allowed in that range.

any idea? :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks a lot

Hi,

If I understand correctly you are currently unable to draw in a specific range of an element in the timeline.

First make sure you select the element and make sure this element is of the proper type (a drawing). If the element is a peg or a bitmap you won’t be able to draw in it (a bitmap will show has a little background picture in the timeline). Then make sure that the layer is enabled before doing anything. After selecting the element and the right frame you want to draw in check if you are allowed to draw in the camera view. If not, try to switch to the drawing view and see if you get better results.

Let us know if you are still having difficulties after going through the instructions above.

Best regards,

Ugo

thanks ugo, that is the stange:

anwering your questions:

yes: I´yes, m currently unable to draw in a specific range of an element in the timeline.

yes:First make sure you select the element and make sure this element is of the proper type (a drawing).
I selected it, and I just drawn it. if I went to another frame of that element I could draw it, If I mowe to that frame number I was not able to modify it

no:If the element is a peg or a bitmap you won’t be able to draw in it (a bitmap will show has a little background picture in the timeline).
no, it is not a bitmap, it is not a peg, it is only lines that I just draw in that frame number…

yes: Then make sure that the layer is enabled before doing anything.
yes, the label is enabled. so enabled that if I press in different frame numbers i can draw there, but If i select those range of frames no modification were allowed.

no: After selecting the element and the right frame you want to draw in check if you are allowed to draw in the camera view.
the lines were drawn before in the camera view, but after that it didnt allowed changes there.
I am not allowed to draw in the camera view in that frame range.

yes: If not, try to switch to the drawing view and see if you get better results.
going go the drawing view works. I didnt use it before, I used camerca view to create all the scenes…

why the camera view is blocked in that frame range?

thanks a lot
;D

Hi,

The camera view does not always have the exact idea of which layer is being selected which could bloc access to your layer. You can force the selection to be on top all the time which should prevent this situation to happen. To do so you will need click the camera icon at the bottom of your camera view and trigger on Current Drawing on Top.

This should do the trick.

Best regards,

Ugo