pc and Mac version of TBS?

Hello. new guy here.
Im currently trying out a trial version 3.5 of TBS for PC but am going to buy a iMac soon. Working on both computers it would be optimal to have a compatible version of TBS for both platforms, similar to how flash does it i guess. Is it not possible to have this for TBS as well? perhaps in the future?
thanks

TBS comes for both the PC and the Mac already. -JK

on one disk? i can install it on multiple machines then?

Hi,

As long as you have the software installed on only one machine at a time you are not breaking any of the terms and agreements. So you could basically install and uninstall when the need come.

Best regards,

Ugo

gotcha, thanks :slight_smile:

…which brings me to the next question. If I bought a windows version of TBS v.4, and say, next year I buy a Mac, do I have to buy a mac version of TBS 4 at full price, even if I stop using the windows version altogether or can I download it, use the same product key and just discard the windows one?

I did actually purchase Version 4 and received it in the mail as a disk ($15 extra for shipping from canada) But on the case it says its compatible with both Mac and PC (Similar to how Flash 8 is), So you just plug it in and play. I havnt tried it yet as im working to get a mac computer to do so.

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm that the key and cd and download link we provide allow you to install on both Mac and PC since the release of v3.5. Therefor if you switch computer you don’t actually need to buy the software again.

Best regards,

Ugo

I know that for some software, you are allowed to install it on more than one computer (so, for example, a Mac and a PC), but are limited to only using one at a time.

Is that the case for Toon Boom Studio?

Also, is there any way to read the license agreement after installation?
I couldn’t find it, so had to ask this question on the forum instead.

Thanks

Hi,

If you are to install the software on another computer you first need to uninstall it from the first machine. As long as the key is not used on more then one machine at a time there should not be any problem.

Best regards,

Ugo