Does anyone know what the ‘Loop’ and ‘Ping-Pong’ options do in the Paste Layers Special window? They don’t appear to be any different than ‘Once’ and ‘Once Hold’
I don’t see any difference either. I thought I saw somebody once use “Loop” for cycling multiple layers, so layer 1 would go to panel 1, layer 2 to panel 2, 3 to panel 3, 1 to panel 4, 2 to panel 5, 3 to 6, 1 to 7 and so on for a 3 drawing cycle. But it doesn’t do that and just does what ‘Once Hold’ does. Ping Pong I thought I saw used for alternating between a 2 drawing cycle like an A/B pose walk or wave over multiple panels, but it too just does what ‘Once’ does. Perhaps the features once worked and are broken now? Or maybe they never worked?
I know this thread is old, but I literally couldn’t find this answer anywhere else. Today I figured it out and thought I’d share it in the one place I found it mentioned!
Mlong128ir is pretty much right, but it only works when you “copy layers over multiple panels” BEFORE you “paste special” semi-described here…
It does NOT seem to work when copying multiple layers on ONE panel.
• I create a 3 drawing run cycle using 3 adjacent PANELS.
• Each drawing is on a LAYER (within its own panel) with the exact same name as the others… let’s say the layers are all named “run cycle”.
• I highlight those 3 PANELS in the timeline using “Shift-CMD” on Mac.
• I highlight the “run cycle” LAYER in the layers palette.
• I “select all” with the selection tool (if this worked correctly, you will see all 3 drawings across all 3 panels highlighted at once, as shown in the above linked video)
• Then “copy” that selection.
• Select all the PANELS you want to paste this run cycle into.
• Then you “paste special” while the new PANELS are highlighted
• Choosing “Loop” will paste the 3 drawing run cycle you copied, across the selected panels, one layer into each panel, in the following pattern until it hits the end, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3…
• Choosing “Ping Pong” will do the same, but in a ping pong pattern 1, 2, 3, 2, 1, 2, 3, 2, 1
I hope this helps someone else!