Paint All Tool crash

Hello!

I’m having a crash issue involving the Paint All command. If I use the Paint All tool and want to undo what I’ve done (used the wrong color by accident or filled different zones than desired), it consistently makes TBS4 stop working. Has anyone else run into this problem? I’ve quickly learned to save my work just before using the Paint All tool, so it’s not a debilitating problem. And it only happens when I undo a Paint All command. But I’d rather not have TBS keep crashing, I don’t know if that would affect the program adversely over time.

I’m using TBS version 4.0 on a Windows Vista Premium machine. Thanks in advance!

~Elizabeth :slight_smile:

Hi,

This was noticed in the tutorial file so far. This seemed to be specific to the project and only when you did an undo of the paint all command. If you have other project in which this is happening would it be possible to provide them to us so we can compare the files. We have addressed this bug in the upcoming release of the software.

Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Best regards,

Ugo

Thanks for the speedy reply!

I did notice it in the tutorial, but it occurs in whatever project I’m working on. It’s very consistent, always the same error message: “Toon Boom Studio has stopped working and needs to close”. If you’d like to see the most recent project I did where this happened, I’d be happy to zip it up and send it to you… do I send it to an email address or post it here?

~Elizabeth :slight_smile:

Hi,

You can send the file to techsupport@toonboom.com and tell me exactly which zone to paint so we can pinpoint the issue more easily.

Best regards,

Ugo

:wink:
Happening here too–Working on the tutorial.

Will send the file.

Hi,

You might have received my e-mail already but this was a bug that has been fixed on the in version 4.5.

Regardless of this the situation should be quite rare and you may not encounter it on any of your personal project. In any case upgrading to 4.5 should completely address the situation.

Best regards,

Ugo